Our cottage is an early Victorian grade II listed town house. Whilst we aim to meet the needs of all our guests there are some period features which might make access difficult for people with limited mobility.
The following statement is a summary of our provision. If you have any specific questions please feel free to call us and we will endeavour to help.
The three bedrooms are all on the first floor.
There is no smoking throughout the house but smokers are welcome to use the garden.
There is a wireless Internet connection available and there are full office facilities next door at Churchdown House if required.
We do not accept pets.
- We have a basic website.
- You can contact us via phone or email.
- To ensure your accommodation is ready and we are here to welcome you, we ask that guests do not normally arrive before 3.30pm. An earlier arrival may, however, be possible by arrangement.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- We offer a street parking permit for one car for visits of a week or more.
- Daily or half day permits for one car are issued for short stays.
- Daily parking permits for extra vehicles are available at a cost of £10 per day.
- There are two long stay car parks in town within easy walking distance.
- The street has no gradient.
- The nearest mainline railway station is Wolverhampton and from there you can catch the 890 bus to Bridgnorth.
- From the south west, trains run through Ludlow and a taxi can be taken to Bridgnorth.
- The front door has one step that is 5.5in high.
- Entry is through a door that is 32in wide into a hall that is 3ft wide.
- The hall floor has wood-effect laminate flooring with a carpet runner partway down the length.
- A flight of 12 carpeted stairs leads off the hall. The rise of each stair is 8.23in high.
- There is a handrail on one side.
- Seating can be provided in the hall if requested.
- To the right of the hall is the 20ft x 11ft double-aspect carpeted sitting room.
- Access is via a doorway 30.5in wide.
- The fireplace houses a wood burner.
- There are French doors to the garden with a threshold 1.75in high and an opening 45in wide. The step down to the paved area is 4.75in.
- To the left as you enter the cottage via a doorway 29in wide.
- The room is 7ft x 7ft 6in and carpeted.
- There is a basic computer with internet access.
- Information on local attractions and eating-places is provided along with details of local walks and cycle rides.
- There is a large selection of books available. Please do not take any of our books home.
- Board games and jigsaws are also available.
- To the left of the hall is a wet room with walk-in shower.
- Access is via a doorway 30.5in wide.
- The WC seat height is 19in.
- The doorway is 29in wide.
- The overall room measurement is 25ft 6in x 9ft.
- The flooring is wood-effect laminate with a rug under the dining table.
- The kitchen work surface is 35.5in from the ground.
- The kitchen is fitted with a washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, fridge/freezer and electric oven.
- The dining table has a clearance of 25.25in from the ground with legs at each corner.
- The table extends to seat 6 people.
- The back door to the garden has a threshold 1.5in high and an opening 29in wide.
- A 6.5in high step down leads to the paved area via a second step 16.5in deep and 6in high.
- Access is via the back door or the French doors in the sitting room.
- Both routes have raised thresholds and steps down as detailed above.
- There is a large flat paved area with garden tables and chairs.
- The far end of the garden is raised and laid to grass and edged with mixed borders.
- Access to the grassed portion and the shed is via three steps. The highest is 8.5in and the other two 5.5in high. All are 18in deep.
- All bedrooms are carpeted throughout.
- The windows are all furnished with fully lined blinds or full-length curtains operated by pulley systems.
- The bedrooms at the front of the house also have net curtains.
- The sheets, pillow cases and duvets covers are 100% cotton.
- The beds are normally made up with synthetic filled duvets and pillows. We are happy to provide blankets if preferred. Please specify prior to your arrival if this is required. The blankets can be wool, cotton or acrylic.
- The beds have ample access.
- The room radiators have thermostatic valves.
- All bedrooms have hairdryers.
Back Bedroom (twin, en suite)
- This room is 11ft 3in x 9ft and reached up two stairs leading directly off the main flight.
- There are two 3ft single beds accessed from a central aisle 3ft wide.
- There is a row of hooks for hanging clothing and a chest of drawers plus bedside chest.
- This room has an en suite shower room reached via a step 4.5in high.
- The shower room has a walk-in shower, wash basin and WC. The WC seat height is 17.25in.
Red Front Bedroom (double)
- This room is 10ft 2in x 11ft and is reached from the landing.
- There is a 4ft 6in bed flanked by two chests of drawers and it also has a large wardrobe with drawer.
Green Front Bedroom (double or twin)
- This room is 12ft 7in x 9ft 7in and is reached from the landing.
- This room can have either a 6ft bed or two 3ft beds. Please specify your preference prior to your arrival.
- There is a large built-in wardrobe, a chest of drawers and two bedside tables.
- The bathroom has a bath with grab handles.
- The bath has a shower attachment and hinged shower screen.
- There is good colour contrast of floor, sanitary ware and towels.
- The bath edge is 22.5in high.
- The WC seat height is 19.5in
- There is a bathroom stool 18in in height.
Emergencies (large and small)
- In the event of a fire or if the smoke alarms are activated you should leave the house by the front door or the back door and side access. On arrival please study the emergency instructions in the information pack.
- If you do need help at any time do not hesitate to ask us, we’re only next door.
We would like you to feel Garden Cottage is a home from home, so please help us to attain this by providing feedback and suggestions on 01746 761236 or email firstname.lastname@example.org